The Van Vleck Ranch

The Van Vleck Ranch
The Queen of the mountains until it burned down in 1992

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Welcome to High Country Sketches

 Welcome to my world...a world where artistic illustration and history, along with some occasional added personal memories, will melt together in what I hope will make for some interesting reading and enjoyment of the things I have loved so much. Sometimes I will also show you some of the actual photographs I used to compose some of the drawings that I have created.
For more than 25 years I have tried to combine my love for pencil drawing with my love for history, providing visual reminders to so many people who share my interest and introduce others to things they never knew once existed on a certain spot. These are all of places, of special people, of animals, historical railroads and so many other images that have caught my fancy through the years.
I have always held the belief that as long as there is still simple reminders of places or people gone from our present time, they are never really gone. They will continue to live on in memories and the stories of how they existed, what they were for and, in the case of some of the people that I have drawn, what their life meant to the people that cared about them.
I hope that you will want to drop into my world once in a while and visit these places, some long gone, and learn a little about their importance in the scheme of life. Meet special people, some still living and some who are no longer with us, but who live on in the memories of people like myself, for the impact large or small, that they made on our lives.
In future posts I will provide you with images and stories of what these particular drawings have meant to me. So drop by my world and I hope you will enjoy tidbits of history, sprinkled with personal memories and a while lot of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment